EDUCATION FINANCE and OPERATIONS
We are looking for interns to serve on our finance team who share our passion for technology, education, and entrepreneurship. It is a 36 to 40 hour commitment per month initially and a ground-floor opportunity to help build something worthwhile.
1. Help influence 24/7 Teach's overall strategy
2. Support in the creation and improvement of our finance and operation systems
3. Build relationships with specific partners at all levels -- from interns to academic and administrative leadership
4. Participate in company wide professional development initiatives
What you'll learn:
- How finance in the startup world works
- Gain general accounting and financial modeling experience
What we're looking for:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work well with others or independently
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Google spreadsheets, and Excel (not required, but a plus!)
- Detail-oriented person
- At least 3 months of experience in finance or professional services
- Bachelor’s degree or proof of current enrollment required.
- Ability to produce and progress an agenda autonomously, without frequent direction or check-ins
- Interest in educational technologies, innovative business models, and digitization of education a plus
Our internships are focused on education development, 21st-century skill mastery, leadership development, and analytical thinking. Interns are challenged to add value to projects and are encouraged to take risks, and think outside of the box. Our interns do not serve as assistants, work on projects that directly generate revenue for the organization, and do not displace regular employees.